Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy this entire and paste into your journal. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Tis the Season to be NICE!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping. I spend a lot of time on putting just the right touch on the presents - choosing different papers for different people and matching ribbons.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real. I've never had an artificial tree in my life. Last year I bought mine at IKEA - I kid you not! - and got a certificate for 5 Euros when I brought it back to be recycled. ^^
3. When do you put up the tree? One or two days before.
4. When do you take the tree down? After the 6th of January. That's traditional here in Germany.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes. Always forget to make it, though, and you can't buy it here since it's not a German thing... :)
6. Favorite gift received as a child? The dollhouse that my father made for me and kept telling me that it was going to be for the poor kids over at the orphanage. And when X-Mas came, it *really* wasn't under the tree. I tried to be so brave, because I knew it was a good thing to give presents to the poor orphans - but my heart bled. Until my mother took me into the back of the appartment after everything was over - all the gift giving and dinner and such - and there was my dollhouse - all finished and pretty!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My still-husband. He doesn't like anything - except for his bike, he doesn't need anything - except for his bike, he doesn't use anything - except for his bike.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My daughter. Whatever I get her, she loves. :)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No. I'm not Xtian, so it doesn't apply.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail! I love sending them and I love getting them. ^^
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Soap.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Don't really have one.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Now.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Lebkuchen. They're soft, chewy, large, cookie-like round ... cakes - for want of any other description. Flat on the bottom, rounded on top. Usually glazed with sugar or chocolate, made with nuts, honey, spices and cocoa. *Very* rich, but *very* good. ^^
16. Lights on the tree? Candles. Always. And a big bucket of water right next to it.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Hard to say, since we don't really do Xmas songs... but I'd have to say "God rest ye merry gentlemen" and "Red and Green" by Maddy Prior (Lyrics can be found here, if you're interested)
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? At home. I do enough travelling during the year.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? O.o not really...
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Traditionally, we celebrate on Xmas Eve, so that's when presents get opened. But we kind of celebrate twice - Xmas Eve just the three of us, two days later, the whole family (or as many as can manage to attend - can be up to 13 people).
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? That the 'season' starts in September and I get bombarded with Xmas music wherever I go.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I use the ornaments that I inherited from my grandmother, and that my mother gave me a few years back. Usually silver and glas with another colour mixed in.
24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner? I have no idea - I'm still totally undecided. Something simple, though, because I'll be hosting the family dinner on the second Xmas day.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I'm taking up a collection so that I can buy myself a digital SLR camera. :)